|Japanese Name||瀬乃宮 あき穂|
|Romanized Name||Senomiya Akiho|
|English Name||Akiho Senomiya|
|Seiyuu||Yoshino Nanjō (Japanese)
Lindsay Seidel (English)
"Gunvarrel Ankh STRIKER!"
Akiho Senomiya (瀬乃宮 あき穂) is the President of the Robotics Club and Kaito's childhood friend. Akiho is a dedicated fan of the in-series anime, Gunvarrel, and her dream is to complete the GunPro-1 giant robot of the same name, which was started by her sister, Misaki. Akiho also suffers from the mysterious Elephant Mouse Syndrome which causes her to experience a few seconds over the course of several minutes, leaving her in a comatose-like state throughout. The syndrome occurs when she experiences extreme physical stress or is otherwise overexerted.
Hot-blooded and headstrong, Akiho is quick to act and rarely considers the practicality of her decisions. She is a proud fan of anime, particularly of the action mecha genre, and has a habit of spouting quotes from Gunvarrel.
Akiho has proven to be a very idealistic person and has little patience for people who refuse to aim as high as she does. She has personally taken on the responsibility of constructing "Gunvarrel" in place of her sister whom she idolizes, despite Misaki insisting that such is a lost cause.
Skills & AbilitiesEdit
As the only member with serious engineering ability, Akiho is largely credited with the construction of the Robotics Club's projects. Her love of robots has helped drive and motivate her to complete impressive constructions in a remarkably short time.
Akiho is a young woman with matching brown hair and eyes. Her slightly wavy hair is tied in a ponytail and she is usually seen in her school uniform, even while working on her robots. Akiho also carries around a pair of armless glasses that she likes to equip when making anime references.
Akiho grew up on the island of Tanegashima under the mentorship and guidance of her older sister, Misaki. Due to her father being the President of the local branch of JAXA, engineering and robotics have always been a part of Senomiya family. Since a young age, her close friend, Kaito, has been by her side and the two would witness JAXA's launch of the H2 Rocket together.
Four months later, when she was 9, Akiho and Kaito were onboard the SS Anemone for a school field trip when the mysterious incident occurred. Along with countless other passengers, Akiho and Kaito were suddenly left unconscious onboard the ship. After recovering, the two were diagnosed with a bizarre chronic disorder termed "Elephant Mouse Syndrome".
Soon afterwards, Akiho would witness a strange change taking place for her once-loving sister. Misaki became grimmer, less exuberant and by the time she graduated, Misaki told a young Akiho that she would never be special. Wanting to keep her past image of her sister alive and taking every previous lesson she was taught to heart, Akiho became determined to one day complete the GunPro-1 robot, hoping that doing so would win back her sister's love.
- Misaki Senomiya: Misaki is Akiho's older sister and object of worship. Growing up, Misaki served as a role model to Akiho and many of her traits rubbed off on Akiho, such as her love of Gunvarrel and peppy determination. Recently however, Misaki has become noticeably cold and indifferent to her younger sister, and Akiho strives to complete the GunPro-1 Gunvarrel robot to regain her sister's love.
- Kaito Yashio: Kaito, or "Kai" as she nicknames him, seems to be Akiho's longest known and most familiar friend. The two have been together since childhood and share a bond as close as most siblings. Of all her friends, it is Kaito who steadfastly remains by her side no matter what rash decisions she may make and she treasures him for his loyalty. However, Akiho is often frustrated by his chronic laziness and blunt demeanor, but their bickering never strays far from friendly banter. It is later revealed that Akiho harbors romantic feelings for Kaito.
- Subaru Hidaka: As an underclassman to Akiho, Subaru presents himself with an awkward balance of both grudging respect and outright rudeness. Subaru is often frustrated by Akiho's naivete and does not hesitate to shed harsh realism onto her ambitions when necessary.
- Junna Daitoku: Due to her shyness and fear of robots, Junna was hesitant to join the Robotics Club, but Akiho's determined attitude has served as a motivation for Junna to break out of her timid shell. Despite being almost complete opposites of each other, the two are shown to be good friends.
- Kona Furugoori: Akiho is generally bewildered by Kona's eccentricities and tends to become frustrated by her initial hesitancy to join the club in person. Though Akiho respects Kona's programming skills, she has expressed slight jealousy of the close relationship she shares with Kaito.
- Mitsuhiko Nagafukada: The Robotics Club's advisor. Mitsuhiko is often tasked with keeping Akiho in line when she gets carried away with her ambitions, much to the latter's frustration. The two almost constantly butt heads, but Mitsuhiko is shown to care for Akiho and genuinely wishes to support her however he can.
- Akiho will often quote popular mecha anime characters such as Mobile Suit Gundam character, Char Aznable.